Saturday, February 23, 2008

Comets' season ends

CENTRALIA - Naselle's trapping defense paid dividends until fatigue caught up to the Comets during the fourth quarter of a 65-54 loss to Napavine in a winner-to-state, loser-out game of the Southwest Washington 2B District boys basketball tournament Friday.Naselle led 32-21 after outscoring Napavine by 10 points during a fruitful second quarter."We went to a half-court trap in the second quarter and it worked for quite some time," Naselle coach Brian Macy said. "But I think we ran out of gas, and they started breaking it a little easier and pulled away in the fourth quarter."The Tigers stretched a 44-42 lead entering the final period to end the Comets' season.Naselle's only senior, Kyle Burkhalter, led the team with 15 points, five rebounds, two assists and two steals."I'd like to thank him for all his hard work and effort," Macy said of Burkhalter. "He's been a pleasure to coach and has done a lot for our program. We're going to miss him."Also for Naselle, which closed out a 15-8 season, Hunter Smith and Nathan Sultemeier netted 12 points apiece, and Austin Burkhalter added nine.Arturo Ramirez led all scorers with 19 points for the Tigers.

Tigers 65, Comets 54

NASELLE (54) -Nick Hines 4, Nathan Sultemeier 12, Kyle Burkhalter 15, Austin Burkhalter 9, Hunter Smith 12, Gabe See 2, Alan Erickson 0.

NAPAVINE (65) -Keller 1, J. Brown 6, Carnes 12, M. Brown 2, Anthony 14, Arturo Ramirez 19, Bigre 11.Naselle 10 22 10 12-54Napavine 19 12 13 21-65

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.